Forensics – Chromatography
WHAT YOU NEED
- Blotting Paper
- Water based Markers
- Glasses or cups
1. At first you need to cut the paper into sections. Using the pencil and the ruler, draw a line approx 2 cm from the bottom .
2. Now using a marker , draw a circle on the pencil line. Use whatever colour you wish. Use a different piece of paper for each colour.
3. Attach the paper to the skewer and place it into the glass. Don’t allow the paper to touch the bottom of the glass.
4. Finally add some water. Don’t cover the marker spot with water but ensure that the paper is wet.
5. Leave aside until the colour from the ink is completely absorbed into the paper and that the colour is separated from the ink.